Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Car Trouble

Last month, a neighbor hit my dad's car. Luckily it was an extra car that nobody ever drives. My brother decided to take it to a local auto body shop. I gave my bro a ride home. The guy at the shop told my brother he would give him a call when he gets to the car.

I eat lunch with my dad three times a week. He was complaining that the auto body work was taking a long time. I did not give this comment much thought. After all, nobody drives the car. They don't need it.

Today my dad kept complaining about the timeline, telling me we should have told the body shop that we needed it quick for a trip. It was then that I figured my dad was trying to communicate that he wanted his car back.

I looked up the body shop online. It took a while because I had their name wrong. I found them and called them up. We are actually getting two things done - damage from the neighbor and some bumper painting from a previous accident.

The body shop guy said the neighbor's insurance was trying to save money and get them to use a used car part. The body shop guy rejected two broke down used fenders, then finally talked the insurance company into springing for a new part.

The car is going to be done Monday afternoon. Finally dad can get his car back. Then again, the thing is just going to sit in the street. My brother forces himself to drive the thing once a week so the car does not fail from non-use. Next time we will get a time estimate when we drop the thing off.

No comments: