Tuesday, June 3, 2014

More Tire Trouble

I have been living with a flat tire on my wheelbarrow for a long time. This is the wheelbarrow that Momoko bought me. So I am hesitant to through it out and buy a new one. I figured I could get a new wheel. Easier said than done.

Last week I got a catalog with a cheap wheel for sale. Too bad it was too small for the wheelbarrow. I did some research on my tire. Seems there are a lot of things to measure. Tire outer and inner diameter. Tire width. Rim diameter. Axle diameter and width. And so on.

I worried that I would buy the wrong tire. So many choices online. They do not always specify all these dimenions. Finally I found a "universal tire". This was still not a slam dunk. Many people complained that it did not fit all wheelbarrows. I gave it a shot and ordered one online.

The tire can today in a large box. Luckily it had a bunch of spacers to ensure it could fit on many sized wheelbarrels. There were not too many instructions with the thing. I got my old wheel off easily enough. Put some gloves on and thread the old axle with the new tire. Good fit. The spacers helped place the wheel in the center. I am good to go.

Now if only I could get my truck tire replaced, I will be a happy driver.

No comments: