Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hard Labor

Every week the family does about an hour of family cleaning. Usually we split up some long term tasks. Sometimes we need to work together. We used to do this cleaning at the same time. Now we just hand out the assignments and let the family work at their own pace during the week.

This week we were moving items out of Momoko's study in preparation for us turning it into a man cave. Or more precisely, it will be Momoko's woman cave. Kit Kat did not want to carry any heavy furniute down the stairs. Therefore she volunteered to separate Momoko's desk from her hutch. That way we could carry down the big pieces separately.

Of course Kit Kat could not get the hutch off the top of the desk. She needed a lot of assistance. Eventually it was decided that we would detach Momoko's desktop and carry it attached to the hutch. That took around an hour just for the disassembly.

With all the moving of furniture and boxes, we spent around three hours this weekend moving half of Momoko's study downstairs into the library. We were all very broken after that. And I needed to go visit my dad for father's day.

I felt sorry for the kids because they worked hard and long. Therefore I decided to go out and pick up Kit Kat's choice of fast food for a late lunch. We chose Wendy's. I brought Little Kat along with me because he was unsure of what he wanted me to order him.

Little Kat eventually chose a large Baconator meal. We walked into Wendy's and waited a while before our meals were ready to bring home. I only had a side salad because I had a huge breakfast. I left the family eating back at home so I could see my dad and return to cut the grass outside.

No comments: