Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summertime

I took the day off from work last Friday to help Momoko pack up her classroom for the summer. Both kids were scheduled to help. Momoko had to teach a half-day of school on Friday. I let the kids sleep in late. Then I drove the trucked I packed the night before to the Silver Diner.

The kids and I ate lunch. I let them get what they wanted. Then we headed over to the school. The secretary laughed as I brought the dolly fully of items into the school. I also wheeled in a spare desk we no longer need at home.

We got to work right away. Momoko left us a huge lift of things to do. After an hour, an administrator told us Momoko wanted us to come eat leftovers in the cafeteria. Wut? We had planned to eat lunch at a restaurant. It was a false call.

Momoko later needed a drink and a snack. She sent Kit Kat out on a McDonald's run. That slowed our momentum a bit. We repaired the wobbly legs of all the large tables in Momoko's classroom. Then we stacked the tables and chairs. There was a long list of items to do.

Eventually we finished up all the tasks. We were so tired. It was late. Kit Kat did another McDonald's run to feed us dinner. Luckily I had the kids clean out house before we left for school. We were all very tired, and turned in early.

No comments: