Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lunch Time

I had to work on Monday. Could not get that many days off. That's okay. I planned to work from my dad's basement. When I arrived at my dad's house, he was concerned that my cousin was still asleep. She went out the prior night. So maybe she was worn out.

My dad worried my cousin was sick. Nope. Just a case of jetlag. I had planned to go out to lunch with my cousin. Took a long lunch break from work. I drove to a restaurant that I used to frequent at my last job. I also asked some friends to come join me and my cousin for lunch.

We arrived early. Strangely enough, the restaurant did not even open until 11:30am for lunch. Weird. We were the first customers. My friends arrived and we all ordered. I just wanted to get some of their help yourself soup bar. Delicious broccoli and cheddar soup awaited me.

After I came back to the table from a soup run, my cousin exclaimed that my friends were very young. Well yeah. I met my friend at community college. She was older than the typical kids that are normally in my classes. But she was still young. She brought along her younger sister to make matters worse. LOL.

This restaurant was pretty weak this time around. The soup was delicious. But they stopped serving the wraps that my friend enjoyed so much. Plus they were late serving my cousin a pizza that turned out to be missing the toppings she requested. I think we shall not be returning to this restaurant. Come to think of it, the waiter screwed up my order the last time I went. I am crazy for going back.

I looked at my watch and lunch was over. My cousin took a quick picture of me and my friends outside the restaurant. Then I drove home real fast to get back to work. After work I helped my brother retrieve my mom's car from the auto body shop. Some neighbor backed into the fender. My brother also got the back bumped painted.

No comments: