Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Passports Please

The day finally came for us to apply for our passports. The night before I found out the old forms we filled out had expired. We filled in the current ones. Then today Kit Kat found out they require us to submit a copy of our licenses. We scrambled to get that done. Luckily one of our printers at home doubles as a copier.

Kit Kat drove us to the local municipal center. It is very close to our house. I had actually did a drive by the last time I went near it. There were a quite a few groups in front of us. Eventually we got called in. Someone verified our documents. Then they took possession of my birth certificate. They promised to return it in a month.

I have never been without my birth certificate. Now I am sorry I did not get and turn in a copy. It will be worth it though. You never know when you need to flee and get past the border. The passports should do the trick when they arrive in the mail.

At first I was pleased because the cost did not seem as high as I had extimated. Turns out you pay in two phases. Yep. It costs a lot to get passports for the whole family. Once we do get the passports, our first border run will probably be to visit Canada. Got to set up a vaction up there.

No comments: