Monday, June 30, 2014

Vacation for Little Kat

We had planned to send Little Kat to visit his grandparents for two weeks this summer. He felt he did not get enough time with him last winter when the family spent a week out there. So I found some plane tickets to give Little Kat a two week break.

Little Kat planned to return from his grandparents house, spend the weekend with us, then hop back on a plane to see his dad for the summer. Well those plans to visit dad fell through. I thought maybe we could extend Little Kat's trip with his grandparents. Little Kat lobbied for an extra two weeks.

I had some free time on my hands one night. I called up the airlines. They told me there was a flight exactly two weeks after the original one Little Kat had planned to take. I worried that I would be charged some exhorbitant flight modification fee. Turns out I only needed to pay the difference in airfare price which turned out to be ten bucks.

The family drove Little Kat to the airport this weekend. We accompanied him in the check in line. He already had his boarding pass thanks to Kit Kat printing it out the day before. When we arrived at the bag check counter, the guy in front of us was annoying and arguing with the airlines rep.

Luckily Little Kat had a departure gate that routed him through a security line that was short. Unfortunately his flight was delayed for about an hour. I heard that Little Kat was greeted at his destation by grandma and pop-pop. They took him right to Sonic for a delicious dinner. The next morning he went with them to the movies. I predict a fun summer for Little Kat this year.

No comments: