Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Busy Monday

Yesterday I packed my car with large branches I needed to take to the landfill today. My plan was to go to bed early so I could visit the dump first thing in the morning. Unfortunately we watched The Witches of East End late last night.

The alarm woke me up early today. I drove through rush hour traffic with a car weighed down by wood. I made it to the dump right about the time they opened. No charge to dumping the branches since I came in a car instead of a truck.

On the way back from the dump, I picked up some breakfast. Then I went to my dad's house to work. Called up my handyman to see if he could start work on fixing a couple issues at my dad's house. He was at another site in the morning. I thought he would swing by at lunch.

My handyman got delayed. I skipped lunch waiting for him. He knocked out a couple indoor issues quickly. He startled my dad, who just woke up from a nap. Then my handyman and his brother spent a long time power washing the stairs and porch I want them to paint.

I came home late. Unpacked. Cleaned up my car. Then I went to work on the yard work left over from the weekend. Filled up a couple more trash cans full of branches that the county will come and pick up from my house. A man's work is never done.

No comments: