Thursday, July 10, 2014

Timber

We have been having some serious storms come through the area. It might be the effect of hurricane season. Normally I just run around the yard and pick up the sticks that fell off the trees. That is quite a taxing job.

Last week I found that a big branch had fallen down in our back yard. Branch does not do this justice. It was as big as a tree by itself. I broke out the hand saw and cut off six garbage cans of small limbs. That was just the start.

There is a weekly yard clippings pickup. I think our taxes pay for it. They emptied my six garbage cans. I am sure I will have six more cans for them next week. Some branches were too big for the pickup. These things are huge - maybe eight inches in diameter.

I need to make a run to the dump. Got to load up the truck with all the huge branches. I have not been to my county's dump yet. Last time I went, I lived in a different county and went to a different dump. I think they charge by the ton if I haul it with my truck. Got to be a lot chepaer than paying someone else to haul off these branches.

No comments: