Saturday, July 12, 2014

Passing the Test

I have been largely out of the stock market for a while. By out I mean I have not been actively trading stocks. I have made money in the market before. However almost all of my speculative high risk investments have lost me money. So much so that I decided I had better retire from losing money in risky stocks.

The other day I spied on a stock that had fallen in the past. I was somewhat interested in it. After the fall is rose back up a bit. I figured I was too late to get in on that rise. Then the stock tanked even lower. This seemed like a steal. I usually talk my stock moves over with Momoko. But she was not around. I sweated it a bit.

In the end, I decided to pass on this "opportunity". We got a lot of big items to buy. That was one of the reasons I figured I could used some extra stock profits right now. However this is also the worst time to be losing money in the markets. The best course of action would be to forget about this speculative stock - at least for now.

Maybe I will do some value investing. That means invest is some solid stocks that have little downside. Sure they will not make me rich. But they may turn a little bit of profit. I guess I can take that. Just means we might not be buying any new cars for a few years. Oh well.

No comments: