Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Going to the Landfill

Last night I loaded up my pickup truck with the tree branches that were too big for the weekly curbside pickup. Although these were from a branch that fell off a tree in the back yard, they felt like a tree all by themselves. The tree these fell off of was probably 100+ feet high.

I had chopped up the branch into 6 to 8 foot sections. I used the wheel barrel to cart the branches to the truck. This morning I drove the truck to my dad's house. I work there usually on Wednesdays. Had trouble parking my truck in front of my dad's house. They live on a street with an incline. The tree branches were so heavy I had trouble keeping the truck from going backwards.

At lunch time I talked me my dad some and watched the news with him. Then I headed to the county landfill. Never been there before. I used to go to the landfill when we lived in our last house. It was closer to us. This one is far away. Luckily it is not that far from dad.

I used the GPS to get to the landfill. Once inside the entrace, I drove down a long road. Finally I found the weigh station. I got out and confirmed that I needed to get weighed. Normally they charge people with trucks to dump there. The guy gave me a break and let me dump my tree branches for free.

I was glad to be rid of the branches. I don't like driving too long with heavy weights in the back of the truck. The truck felt like it could accelerate easier once I had dump the heavy branches out. I sped home to get back to work for the day.

No comments: