Saturday, July 19, 2014

Finishing Touches

Momoko got the walls of her study painted mint green. Then our handyman came and mounted her new TV on the wall. It was time to get cable connected to the TV. I called our cable provider. They said they don't run cable through walls for customers any more. They said they would only come and connect the TV to a wall socket that a contractor installed for us.

WTF? Anybody can connect a TV to a cable socket. Fail. I asked my handyman if he could run the cable for us. He told me he was busy as usual in the summer, but if I bought the materials, he could fit us in right away. Momoko and I measured the distance from the cable boxes on the side of the house, up through the attic, and then down to Momoko's TV. It was about 50 feet.

Momoko and I went to the store. We picked up 100 feet of cable. Didn't want it to be too short and cause the whole project to get cancelled. Then I bought some connectors, a wall socket, and a splitter. I had to go to work today. Momoko stayed home to await the handyman to arrive. They came in the afternoon and knocked it out.

It is official. Momoko has cable TV in her new personal room. I ordered a DVD player online. It arrives in two days. Her study is turning into the man cave we thought it would be. To finish things off, Kit Kat and I carried Momoko's new chaise lounge chair upstairs. Becuase of its weight and weird size, we had a tough time getting upstairs and through the door to Momoko's study. That chair is never leaving that room.

No comments: