Monday, July 21, 2014

Grocery Store Stories

Kit Kat and I went grocery shopping Saturday night. I was filling in for Little Kat who is on vacation at his grandparents' house. Kit Kat and I loaded up the cart with goods for the week. Then we went to check out.

As Kit Kat is loading up the conveyor belt, some guy walks past me and puts a divider bar at the end of our groceries. Then he starts loading up the belt too. I told the guy we were not done loading our groceries, so he needed to back up.

The guy looks at our basket, then looks at me, and does nothing. I repeat that he needs to back the hell up. He got perturbed that I rasised my voice at me. He asked me who I was. I told him my name. I guess what I should have told him was that I was the guy who was first in line.

The guy continued to irritate me as he asked questions and made various accusations. After a while I stopped talking to him as I could not understand everything he was saying even when I asked him to repeat himself. He had a strong accent. The guy ended up laughing but stayed far back away from us.

Whatever I did got the rude guy out of the way. The guy did piss me off. Not sure if he was just a jerk or someone whose customs did not include the normal way of doing business at American grocery stores. I checked with Kit Kat afterwards. She thought that the guy was just a jerk.

Sonner or later this dude is going to piss off the wrong person. I imagine at that point he will get a painful lesson via a beat down. We were lucky it did not come to that Saturday night. But if the guy did more than just mouthing off, I imagine things could have escalated quickly.

No comments: