Sunday, January 24, 2010

First in Line

Yesterday we got the ads for the Sunday paper a day early. Best Buy had a laptop on sale for $279. There had to be a catch. I asked a couple people to look at the ad. The only sneaky thing was that it seemed associated with a more expensive package.

So I went down to Best Buy. I asked whether I could just buy the laptop. The sales guy said yes. I asked whether the laptop had wireless and a CD-ROM. He said yes too. They were first available at 11:00am on Sunday. I went to sleep thinking I would get up early and get in line before the store opened.

This morning Momoko got up before me. She came along to Best Buy with me. There were a lot of people in the parking lot. But there was only one dude in front of the store. I took Momoko, and we started the line right in front of the entry doors at 10:50am. I was the first dude into the store when the store opened. I made a bee line to the computer section.

The sales guy tried to sell me some extended warranty. I was not having it. It worked. I bought a laptop for $279 plus tax. Yee haw. I am using the laptop to compose this blog right now. Still need to install a lot of software and transfer over my files and settings. But I am on my way. My computer at home is the oldest of all that we own. It is working but who knoes for how long. I am a happy laptop user now.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Sounds like you made a great buy, wish I had seen the ad.