Monday, April 19, 2010

Gangster at the Door

I spent the whole afternoon digging up dandelion roots. At the end, I tried some Weed-B-Gone on the rest of the lawn. I figured I would give it a try, and compare the result to the side of the lawn where I dug up the roots.

Then I hear some gangster rap music. I figure it is somebody just driving by. But the music persists. The driver stops at my next door neighbor's house. The rap music continues so I take a look. It is coming from a white minivan. Hello? A minivan does not give you any street credit.

Out pops a tall dude. He pulls out a stack of pizza boxes. I figure he must have the wrong address. There is nobody home. I know because I have been here all afternoon weeding, and the neighbors are still at work. Then the tall dude walks towards me. What?

I ask the dude whether he is coming to our house. He replies Yup. Aha. I instruct him to ring the front doorbell. Momoko was tired. And she did not go grocery shopping. So the only thing available for dinner is pizza delivery. As the tall dude leaves, I notice some huge black objects stuffed in his ear lobes. No. They are not in his ear holes. They appear to be over sized earrings that are actually in his ear lobe. Nice. That makes up for driving mommy's minivan.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Holes in the ears, yuk. I wonder how anyone thinks that is good looking.