Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Pokemon Effect

Some time ago, Little Kat and I went to Walmart to price Pokemon Soul Silver for the Nintendo DS. The salesman told us it costs $40. Little Kat said that was a good deal for the game. It came with some extras.

Little Kat worked hard at some chores to save up cash for the game. He did not mind that buying the game meant he had no money for me or Kit Kat's birthday gifts. Doh!

This week Little Kat acquired his game. He has been distracted to say the least. I picked up Little Kat from school today. As soon as he got into my car, he was playing with his Pokeball. I tried to strike up some conversation with him. He got quiet when he pulled out his DS and played Pokemon.

Not all the Pokemon action is bad. Little Kat and his little friend (a gurl) across the street play Pokemon together all the time. Momoko likes to watch them sit on the driveway and do the Pokemon thing. Little Kat has this big book of Pokemon characters memorized. If he could apply this to school work, he would have straight A's.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

New games means not much else gets done. I think it is cute that little as a girl pal. They grow up so fast.