Saturday, May 29, 2010

Out with the Old

We got this old couch in the basement. My grandma gave it to me when I got my first apartment. The thing is 15 or 16 years old. It started sagging 10 years ago. So I put a board and blanket under the cushions to give it more support.

Now the back is giving out. It is time for the old couch to retire. My bro tried to help me carry the couch out to the curb for bulky trash pickup. The thing would not fit through our door. I pulled the legs off the couch. It was still a tough fit. I damaged the screen door trying to stuff the couch through the door.

The plan is to move our living room couch downstairs where the old couch was. Then we will get some new living room furniture. The couch from the living room is coming apart at the seams. It is still comfortable. But it does not look good enough for a living room. Not sure how we are going to get this couch downstairs given all my trouble fitting the old couch out the door.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Good luck on the trip down stairs,
and watch that first step.