Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Trouble Filling Up

Coming home from work, I noticed my gas tank heading towards empty. So I stopped by the gas station to fill up. Some cat approached me and said he was out of gas, and out of money. He asked if I had any change.

I took one look at his car and figured something was not right. He was driving a new Nissan 350Z which costs $30,000 at the minimum. This is not somebody who should have money problem. I told the guy I had no change. What I meant was that I had no change for him. You got to be cautious in this day and age.

Leaving the gas station, I had to wait for the light to turn green before making a left turn. There was a car in front of me. As we made the turn, the car in front of me slowed down to a crawl. I wondered why he was doing this. We had the green light. Then I saw it. A truck coming in the opposite direction had jumped the median and was coming straight for the guy. We both dodged the truck and went by him without incident. Yikes.

1 comment: