Monday, May 31, 2010

Wardrobe Weekend

Momoko decided we would build her new IKEA wardrobe this weekend. We could not do it early on Sunday. Little Kat had his friend spend the night. So Momoko and Little Kat took his friend home. Kit Kat and I stayed back and started the work.

First I moved our bed to find a ton of dust underneath. Kit Kat ran the Shark vacuum under there. Then we put the bed to the side for wardrobe assembly. Luckily I had some guys deliver the wardrobe boxes to our house this week.

Kit Kat and I hauled some long and heavy boxes upstairs to our bedroom. We had to move these boxes in stages, because we could not make it the whole way without passing out. It was tough to make it around the corner at the top of the stairs. I kept getting my hand crushed between box and wall.

Once all the boxes were up there, I went to Lowe's to buy a level. Momoko read the instructions. She had Kit Kat and Little Kat assemble two monstrous wardrobes. In the middle of the day everyone was staved. So we went out to Outback for some steaks. The assembly then took the rest of the afternoon and night. We had to go out again for some "breakfast" at IHOP. Now we have two massive wardrobes for all of Momoko's stuff. And I get to have part of the closet in our bedroom. Good deal.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Looks like everyone was involved in getting the wardrobe together.
Great family fun!!