Saturday, May 15, 2010

Two Rolls

Kit Kat has a project due this weekend. She needed to do a video with her friends. So her friends were going to come over our house to work on it. She called up their friends. They said they would walk over to her house.

I was impressed because her friends live a few miles from our house. When they got here, I took Momoko and Little Kat out to eat. This was to get us out of their hair. We went to this restaurant that specializes in appetizers.

Momoko got brave and ordered Vietnamese shrimp spring rolls. How bad could it be? The things came out looking like jellyfish. And they were served chilled. Yikes. I took a shrimp or two out and ate them with spicy sauce. Only Momoko ate a whole spring roll. Little Kat ate half of one. Yuck.

On the way home, we drove straight out of the shopping center. There was a car blocking traffic on the opposite side, trying to make a left turn against us. It was a new Rolls Royce! I have only seen one of these in person one other time in my life. The thing costs something like $400,000 without options. License plate was a vanity one, saying "JEZEUS". I wonder what that was about.

3 comments:

Grand Kat said...

I feel so much smarter now.

Grand Kat said...

Sorry the food doesn't sound that great.

Black Cat said...

Yeah the food on the fringe was a bit nasty. However the normal appetizers there are top notch.

They got these jumbo mushrooms they stuff with cream cheese. Then they cover them and deep fry them. Add a horseradish dipping sauce, and I am in heaven.