Thursday, October 3, 2013

Birthday Surprise


Little Kat came home as usual today. He came down to my study for homework. When I got off the phone with my work, I wished him a happy birthday. Soon after, Kit Kat came home. She told me to keep Little Kat at bay because she was wrapping his gift. That was not a problem. He was with me until quitting time.

Turns out Kit Kat had wrapped a mega roll of bubble wrap for Little Kat. Me I had purchased a custom card for him a long time ago. It had pictures of him and I from long ago. I also wrapped a token gift. It was some military game for an old console. I told Little Kat that his real gift was some party platters I am buying him for his party this weekend. Little Kat thought that was not a good gift, since Momoko was requiring him to have the party. Ha. Imagine that. Ungrateful, especially given the trouble I had to go through to order these platters.

The big hit so far was Momoko's gift to Little Kat. She gave him a card that said his gift was delayed due to government shutdown. WTF right? The card instructed Little Kat to go upstairs and take a look at Momoko's computer screen for a picture of his intended gift. This was a ruse. There was no picture up there. Only instructions to locate his real gift. Momoko purchased a new laptop for Little Kat. He had been asking for one. He also needed once since his is getting broke down. This made Little Kat very excited.

One of the funny ploys this birthday was when Little Kat needed cash for his trip to the Renaissance Faire. Momoko made him call grandma to see if he could get an advance on his gift if it was monetary. Now grandma planned to get Little Kat a gift card of some sorts. However since Little Kat needed cash, he got cash instead. And it came early. It worked out good. He bought a wooden sword with the proceeds. I was impressed at how heavy the small sword weighed.

No comments: