Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Breaking Bad


I have been hearing a lot about this cable TV show called Breaking Bad. I guess the hoopla was because the series finale recently showed on air. The show had been going on for five seasons I think. The basic premise is that a chemistry teacher goes into the crystal meth business. What's the big deal?

Today I watched the first episode of season 1. Now I think I have a taste of what the draw is. The crystal meth business is just the backdrop. This seems to be the story about a meek chemistry teacher who comes out of his shell.

I have a good feeling about this series. It almost reminds me of The Sopranos. The lead actor seems strong. The story also seems superior. I am anxious to find out what more this chemistry teacher can show me. Not about drug manufacturing, but about being a bad ass.

No comments: