Thursday, October 24, 2013

Job Satisfaction


I like eating lunch at Roy Rogers. However so does everyone else. I need to get there early in order to get a seat in the place. My work often keeps me busy until late in the lunch hour. So I have to find food somewhere else. When that happens, I head over to Jerry's subs and pizza.

Jerry's is usually pretty empty. I think that is because the food is expensive. I bring a coupon along almost every day. And my meal still runs me $9.00. Sure I get fries and a drink. This is still quite a steep cost. The good news is that there are always many tables to sit at.

Today as I parked my car, I saw the delivery guy heading out towards the road. He was waving at me to say hi. He was leading a new guy out to stand on the street. The new guy's goal was to drum up business for lunch. The poor guy had to wear a Jerry's sub-to-go box as a costume. Oh man that was bad. It did seem to bring in a few extra customers.

There are a lot of stressful parts to my job. I got to deal with crazy managers. Then there are some slackers on my team. Often times the customer is not happy because of some software problems. The list goes on.

I get paid a lot of money to write computer software. The programming part is very fun. The paycheck is even more fun. I get to work from home. Seeing the poor Jerry's advertising guy reminded me that I got it made doing computer programming for a living.

No comments: