Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Got My Desk


Little Kat comes down to my study every day after school to do his homework. This seems to be the only way to make sure homework gets done on time. The problem is that he took over the table upon which I had my home computers. I got one main computer that I do most of my work on. I also have an older Windows 8 computer that I write apps on. With Little Kat in my study, I had nowhere to put my laptops.

I thought I found a solution a few weeks back. Was shopping for a new chair for Little Kat's room. I spotted a nice L-shapred desk for cheap in the office store. Unfortunately it was sold out. Not just in the store. The thing wasn't even available for order. Just this weekend I saw the desk on super sale again. Woo hoo.

Today I decided to drive my truck to lunch. Kit Kat's morning class got cancelled. So I had to move her car out of the way to drive my truck out of the driveway. Had a cold cut sub to eat for lunch. Afterwards I went to the office store. Sure enough, they had one of my desks in the back warehouse. It was priced really low.

I backed the truck up and got myself a desk. I was not able to connect the two sides of the desk to form an "L" shape. There is not enough room in my study for that and the table Little Kat uses for his homework. That's okay. My L-shapred desk is just in two pieces. Each piece holds one of my home laptops. I am good to go.

No comments: