Sunday, October 13, 2013

Phone Switch


My bro is an Android phone owner. Well actually he was an Android phone owner. He somehow lost his phone last week. It was a Galazy Samsung one. That is one of the more popular Android phones. That was too bad. I think it was his first really good smart phone. I figured he would just replace it with another Samsung Galaxy.

Today my bro came over to watch some movies with me. He told me he bought an iPhone 5c. He got one in white. He showed it to me. I have seen a lot of iPhones before. So I was not that excited. My brother said he had trouble downloading the YouTube app. I guess that is the killer app for the iPhone.

My brother then started trying to download the YouTube app to his phone. He was walking around trying to multitask, attempting some kind of app install. That is not like him. He told me a couple times that he would have to go back to the store where he got the phone to help get the app installed.

Then I figured out what this show was about. I asked my bro if he needed assistance getting YouTube installed. He jumped up and screamed yes. Again, this is not like my bro at all. He normally never gets excited. We spent some time getting him a Gmail account for email. You need an email account to get an Apple account. Weird huh? Then we had to set up and verify his new Apple account.

We struggled for a bit. But I have learned to keep at it until you get the job done. We got the app installed after about 20 minutes. The rest of the apps should be easy to install now that he is set up. My bro played some test video on the phone to be sure YouTube worked. It looked sharp.

The main take away from today was that my bro is not like the family in my household. In my house, everyone is taught to ask for what you want. Otherwise you don't. My bro just does not have that style of communication down yet. A shame. But I guess that means I need to listen more carefully and ask questions to drive the conversation he is trying to have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh Iphone5c.
Its like candy. Well... as far as the color goes ;P
I can totally understand your brother.
Its hard to ask for help. Especially if you're one that doesn't ask for it often.
I hope you brother will get that down :D

Black Cat said...

The funny thing is, my bro chose a white iPhone 5c. Ahhhh. I guess since he never had an iPhone before, white seemed as good a color as any.