Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Bed Arrives


Little Kat and Momoko had picked out a new extra long bed for Little Kat. I ordered it around a month and a half ago. It got delivered yesterday. I opted for curbside delivery because the delivery cost was already expensive. I had the delivery boys wheel the bed into the carport.

When Little Kat came home, we cut the bed off the palette it come on. Then I brought out the old bed prototype that I built. Little Kat and I practiced one more time how we were going to bring the bed upstairs. It was a tight fit. Having the mock bed prototype gave us the edge we needed.

Little Kat bravely volunteered to be the guy on the bottom pushing the bed up the stairs. We got it past the trickiest part of the stairs. Once we got it into his room, we pulled off the protective plastic and cardboard wrap. Doh! Turns out we brought it into his room backwards. Took us a while to move it back out the room, down the hall, and into a bigger room to flip around.

Now the only remaining task is to buy Little Kat an extra long matress. Little Kat and Momoko went to my favorite matress store to check out mattresses. Little Kat came up with a short list of four matresses he liked. I went back to the store to check out his top choice. The salesman was not willing to work out a good deal for me to purchase the bed. Next step is to find another salesman.

No comments: