Monday, October 7, 2013

Party Time


Little Kat hosted a party at our house this weekend. The format of the party was his friends coming over to play our video game consoles. It also doubled as a birthday party for Little Kat. I had previously worked with Little Kat to order some party platters from the supermarket.

Around 45 minutes before the party, I went to the supermarket. I had requested that the platters be ready early. When I got them, the contents were cold. The deli lady told me they came that way and were to be served cold. WTF? We had items like mozarella sticks and jalpeno poppers. Those things need to be warm.

I called Little Kat and told him to heat up the over. When I got home, we piled the platter contents onto some baking sheets and stuck the contents in the oven. I had to run to pick up Little Kat's best friend from his house as he could not arrange a ride.

Luckily the snacks turned out good once warmed. Unfortunately I needed to give Kit Kat a ride to her friend's down. Kit Kat hates driving on her friend's campus. I volunteered to take her there. I like when Kit Kat spends time on campus at a real university.

By the time I got back home, I found the kids playing all our consoles. I thought they would play XBox 360 and Wii. Turns out they also loved the Playstation 2 with out retro games. I took a nap before having to drive Little Kat's friend home after the party. Actually I sat in the passenger seat as Little Kat drove him home. This was a party well done.

No comments: