Thursday, October 24, 2013

Postal Problem


We have a lot of vehicles in the family. Momoko owns two. I own three. This is one vehicle for every member of the family, plus a truck for the occasional haul. You can imagine it gets pretty hectic when friends with cars come to visit.

This is one of the reasons that I widened our driveway. It is three cars wide in the back, and two cars wide where it meets the street. We can park a lot of cars in the driveway. However we only park four cars in there. The truck can stay in the back blocked in. But the other cars need to come and go.

That leaves one car left over that I park in the street. Our US Mail carrier has been trying to talk me into moving that last car into the driveway too. Sheesh. These rural Postal workers have it good. They drive up to all the mailboxes. Not like the old days in the city where the Postal carriers would walk from house to house.

This week I got a note from my carrier. She said that unless I moved my car into my driveway, she would not deliver my mail. I got out and measured over 15 feet from my car to my mailbox. Plenty of room to drive up and drop the mail off right from her vehicle. What kind of craziness is this? Time to talk with the Postmaster of my city.

No comments: