Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Biking Ups and Downs

This weekend Little Kat brought his bike out of the shed. He cleaned it off, oiled it with WD-40, and pumped up the tires. Looks like he got bored riding the bike by himself. So he also restored Kit Kat's bike as well. I went out and got my bike ready. That's when I found Little Kat riding without his helmet.

We got a helmet on his head, then I rode with Little Kat in the cul de sac. The abandoned house across the street has a steep driveway. If you ride down it, you can gain a lot of speed. I needed to get back to my weekend work. So I came in leaving Little Kat still riding. Later Little Kat banged on the door. I locked him out by mistake. He had taken a spill, and cut his hand and leg. Kit Kat helped patch him up.

I don't think Little Kat got hurt too bad. We were out riding again today. Little Kat was still "borrowing" Kit Kat's bike. We expanded out of the cul de sac and rode down the street. I found another cul de sac and tried to ride up it. Too bad. It was a steep street. Half way up the hill, we turned around and came home. This time I brought Little Kat in when I stopped riding. Momoko wanted to prevent another injury.