Monday, March 28, 2011

Root Beer Ripoff

Little Kat slept in late this morning. By the time he got up, it was time for us to go shopping. Cokes were not on sales. But Pepsi products were. We picked up 4 twelve packs. There was some other sale in the store for A&W Root Beer. We picked up a couple twelve packs of those sodas too. The cash register guy said he only needed to see one of the packs to ring us up. I like when they do that. Prevents us from having to lift all the heavy boxes out of the cart.

Later when I was home, I was paying my bills. I was shocked to find that they overcharged me for the soda. It was supposed to be $3 per twelve pack. Instead they charged me something like $5.69 per twelve pack. Fail. I got Little Kat and we drove straight back to the store. They had suspiciously removed the sale sign from the A&W Root Beer display. Regardless I went to customer service and told them what happened. They tried to tell me that A&W was not on sale. I agreed that it might not be on sale in their circular, nor in their scanner system. But I could testify that their huge sign above the drinks clearly stated $3 each this morning. In the end we prevailed. I got back the $17 I overpaid earlier today. Little Kat and I then hauled out of there to make it home in time for Kit Kat's onion covered pork chops.

No comments: