Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dinner and Couches

Yesterday I worked from home. There were some big problems at work. I thought my dinner plans might be in jeopardy. We got lucky. For dinner I headed down into town. I drove around for a while to find a parking space. Eventually I gave up and paid for garage parking. The company sponsored a dinner to celebrate our work last year.

Today I also worked from home. Momoko and the kids were off from school. They all slept in. I got up early to get working. First order of business was to get the dishwasher repaired. It was a small latch change. But the guy seemed to have a tough time for the job. Then I finished up my work and tried to stay away for the couch delivery guys. They were coming in the late afternoon or evening. I saw the truck drive up so I opened up our front double doors.

One Hercules delivery guy carried the couches to the front door. Bamm. He did have a helper navigate the couches into our living room. They each have a lot of cushion. Both are black leather to match the black recliners. We are still figuring out how to arrange everything in here. I spent a lot of time breaking down all the cardboard and bagging all the plastic that came with the couches. I hope these bad boys last us until Little Kat goes to college.