Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School


Today was Little Kat's back to school night. That is when parents are supposed to go meet the kid's teachers. Momoko could not attend because you need to walk to all of Little Kat's classes. That feels like miles of running up and down stairs, and across the huge high school campus.

We were going to send Kit Kat to meet Little Kat's teachers. However Momoko went over Little Kat's grades and found a number of problems. That, combines with some suspicious comments from Little Kat, meant that I needed to attend. I cut out of work a bit early today. Little Kat drove us to Chipoltle for dinner. He was nervous about the crowded parking lot. I told him he could park out in the middle of the lot where there were no other cars.

Good thing we went early. Chipoltle was very crowded and slow. The line went all the way back to the far side of the restaurant. I tried their chicken burrito for the first time based on Little Kat's recommendation. I was not disappoited. Afterwards I drove us to Little Kat's school. We heard his principal speak. He was an excellent public speaker. So it was enjoyable.

I accomplished a lot at back to school night. Found out that Little Kat had the wrong email address for most of his teachers. No wonder the random people he was emailing would not respond to him. Also questions all teachers on a number of policy issues on communication and grading.

I was most impressed with Little Kat's cooking class teacher. The class was actually called International Cuisine. She seemed the most interested in teaching the children. The kids seemed to like her. I met Little Kat's best friend from school in that class, as well as that friend's mom. I have around 10 pages of notes from the whole night. Need to share a summary of the important stuff with Momoko and Little Kat.

No comments: