Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bedroom Planning


Little Kat complained that his bed was not long enough. That does not surprise me. He must have grown about a foot in height over the last year. Little Kat wanted to hang on to his bunk bed. He uses the top bunk as storage. Plus it is a place for friends to sleep if the spend the night. But it is time for it to go.

Momoko and Little Kat found an extra long twin size bed online. It had some drawers where the box spring and frame normally go. That sounded like a nice bed replacement. The bed normally ships as a full unit. They warn you to make sure the whole thing can fit in your house. Little Kat and I are going shopping tonight for some cheap wood to build a bed prototype. It will be the same size as his assembled bed. We will then run a test, bringing this prototype up the stairs to his room. If that works, I am ordering the bed in one piece.

I also am contracting my handyman to disasseble Little Kat's bed (the bunk bed is pretty big and complex), and move it out of the room. I am also hiring my handymand to build some shelved above Little Kat's bed for storage. This should work out quite well. Then Little Kat can have a good night's sleep. We will finish it off by purchasing some really nice extra long matress to put on the top. Maybe a memory foam matress, or a pillow top one.

No comments: