Thursday, September 19, 2013

Taking One for the Team


Today, like most weekdays, I had to work until 5pm. This is the one day of the week I attend college class after work. But before I could go, I needed to take Litle Kat driving. He needs the practice. This duty has fallen upon me because Momoko is too scared to go driving with Little Kat.

Little Kat does have some scary driving tendencies. He seems to drive too close to parked cars. And he heads towards the curb a lot. He drifts over the lines on fast roads. Yeah. It is plain disturbia. However these are the signs that the guy need a lot of practice. So I had Little Kat drive me to the gas station today.

The first gas station we hit was too crowded. So I had him take me to the expensive gas station. I ran in and grabbed a turkey sandwich. With the limited time, I needed to eat dinner in the car while teaching Little Kat how to drive. Now Little Kat is going to learn how to drive whether we skip practice on my school nights or not. What I am trying to teach him is that when you have a goal, you go all out to achieve it.

It if were up to Little Kat, he would use the excuse of my college class to skip driving. He has tried that one a few times. But here is the problem. He finds an excuse every time. I am hoping some ambition rubs off on Little Kat. I always say you need to teach by example. And Little Kat and I are going strong towards the driving practice, even if it means we suffer a few near misses of disaster each time we go out.

No comments: