Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bed Prototype


Little Kat has decided on a replacement for his bunk bed. This one will have drawers in the side of it. Momoko and Little Kat found the exact bed he wants online. They can ship it to us in one piece. The manufacturer warns you to make sure the thing will fit in your house. You can pay extra to have them ship it in a couple pieces. But who wants to do bed assembly if you can get it in one piece?

So Little Kat and I went to the hardware store about bought some cheap pieces of pines wood. They were not even 2x4 inches. It was a 2x3 or maybe even a 2x2. That's fine. The wood is lighter. I cut these pieces of wood down into the exact dimensions of the bed. Then I used screws to connect the pieces together. Now I have a 3D box that is the same size as Little Kat's bed.

When Little Kat comes home, we shall pretend like we are the delivery men. We shall bring the bed into the house through the front door. Then we will see if we can carry it up the stairs and into his room. This will also serve as a double check for the measuring that Momoko and Little Kat did. The thing has to fit in his bedroom.

If this test of the bed prototype goes well, I am going to order his bed online. Of course we will also have to separately go out and buy a matress. I figure Little Kat will be sleeping on this matress for a long time. So I might let him splurge and buy something expensive such as memory form or some type of pillowtop like I sleep on. These are exciting times for Little Kat.

No comments: