Saturday, September 14, 2013

Something Stinky


Yesterday after work, I had Little Kat drive me around for practice. He said we could not drive for long. He needed to be back to start preparing the chicken dinner he was going to grill. When we returned home, I smelled something rancid in the house. Little Kat and I cleaned out our new fridge. Normally that fridge is where we keep the new foods (no leftovers). So I would hope the contents did not stink.

Little Kat pitched a bunch of old cheeses that were stinking. He also pitched some old meat. Then he got ready to marinate his chicken before grilling it. Little Kat started mumlbing about something. I told the boy to speak up. He said he was not sure if the chicken was good. They just bought it this past Sunday. It smelled a bit weird. We pitched that too.

No problem. We already got take out the previous night. So there was an extra meal for the week. Little Kat had to make steak kebabs. He started telling me the steak smelled suspicious. I think by this time it was in his head. He grilled up the steaks. Aside from being a bit chewy (must not have been a top cut of meat), the turned out fine. Well they were fine for me. Kit Kat and Momoko thought Little Kat put too much spice in the steak when he marinated it.

Now the house is smelling better. Good thing too. We have some company over today. But that's a story for a future blog post.

No comments: