Monday, September 9, 2013

Something Smelly


I went to visit my mom today. Was detained at home because the shower was moldy. So I first had to bleach out our shower. That is always a painful ordeal. Then I grabbed some lunch. Had a coupon to get a discount on a steak and cheese combo. It was delicious.

For some strange reason, there was actually parking near my mom's house. Usually one of the rentals across the street jams up the entire street with 10+ cars from people who rent there. I was lucky to park directly across the street from mom's house.

When I returned to my own house, I smelled something stinky in the kitchen. I thought there was some sort of natural gas leak. The stove was turned off. Plus the stove is electric. Kit Kat checked the new propane grill. Then she figured it out. It did not smell like gas. It smelled like burned plastic.

Little Kat loaded something wrong in the dishwasher. It got melted during the clean cycle. Thus we had a stinky kitchen. I was relieved that it was not a gas leak. After that disaster was averted, Little Kat and I went to Lowe's to shop for stuff. We got the most important item - a new garbage disposal. Our's has had too many problems recently. The plumber is coming Tuesday to replace it.

No comments: