Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Manual Transmission Win


I have been keeping my eye on manual transmission cars for a while. Need one to teach Kit Kat how to drive stick shift. The prior car I bought just did not work out. There was a 2007 Saturn Vue for sale. It had 58k miles on it. The cost was $11,600. The only downside was that it was located in another state. Required a $750 transfer fee.

While keeping the Saturn Vue in the back of my mind, the cost went down to $11,000. That was an interesting development. Then the cost really dropped down to $9,000. I called up the store the next day. They had someone go out and check out the car. Still was in the same shape as all the pictures show online. They also verified that there were no strange smells in the car.

I bit the bullet and paid for the car to be transferred to my local store. It was good to see the car disappear from the online inventory. My associate at the store provided me with a confirmation email that the car is going to be shipped from me.

I had rented a Saturn Vue once before. It was nice except it felt cheap. Some items did not seem to be well made and were falling apart. I guess that's part of the reason why this car was being sold for cheap. I am hoping to teach Kit Kat how to drive manual transmission in it. I also hope to pass my current Scion xB over to Little Kat, who we hope will have a license in the upcoming year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

I haven't driven again yet.
Hopefully this coming Christmas I might be able to again :P

Black Cat said...

Wait. What? Have not driven again since when? I thought you are the main driver in your family.