Saturday, September 28, 2013

Got Another Car


I have been looking to purchase a manual transmission car to teach Kit Kat how to drive it. Previously I had bought a Volkswagon Beetle that did not work out. I had my eye on a 2007 Saturn Vue SUV. When the dealership dropped the price by a few thousand, I jumped at the opportunity.

Unfortunately the car was in Kansas. Yeah out in the middle of nowhere. I paid a bunch of non-refundable money to have the car transferred to my local dealership. The dealer called me this week to say the car came in. This morning Momoko drove me to the dealership. I took it for a spin. The thing shifted nicely. It was easy to get it into first gear. The shifter almost snapped into position. This was a much better experience than the last car I test drove.

I asked a few questions to the sales guy. Then I decided to buy the car. The salesman was worried that my check would bounce. I told him I had a bunch of bank statements from the past year. He still wanted me to log in online to show him my checking account balance. I told him I am old school. I don't do online banking. I was able to call up my bank, and they confirmed my balance.

Directly after purchasing the vehicle, I drove it straight to my mechanic. I want to have him check the car out and make sure it was a good purchase. I can always return the car for a full refund in the next week. I really hope everything checks out. I spent months researching the car market to find this baby. It will be my next daily driver. Woo hoo.

No comments: