Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Uprooted


I went to lunch today. Was going to get a buy one get one free Chicken sandwich. Then I saw a double stacker meal for the same price. Might as well get fries and a drink. When the cashier rung up the total, it was wrong. I asked why the amount was wrong. The cashier told me I ordered the medium meal which costs thirty cents more. No. I wanted the meal for the displayed price. Plus her math was wrong. Got that corrected really quick. Hey who cares about 60 cents? Not me. But I do care about the principle of sales. Don't try to secretly upcharge me and think it will be okay.

I got home to find a green pot, and small plant, and a whole lot of dirt on the dining and family room floors. WTF? The thing must have fallen down. It seemed like the dirt went on forever. I ate my meal and watched an anime. Dang it. The Netflix could not connect to the Internet. Was having a bad day all around. I rebooted our router and watched my darn anime. Wouldn't you know it? Netflix disconnects in the middle of the show.

After lunch, I went in search of cleaning machines. I saw Little Kat struggle with the carpet cleaner last time around. Skipped that broke down machine. I went for the spot cleaning machine, which the kids also said is broken. It took a while to figure out how to work the thing. It is not obvious how to dettach the water source and the dirty water containers. I figured it out. Took a lot of dumping dirty water out and rerunning the machine before the carpets looked any better. This is a hard knock life.

Luckily these are first world problems. I mean in the big scheme of things, life is good. Got the hot meal of my choice without doing any cooking. Drank as much cold soda as I wanted since we have a stocked fridge. Had machines to assist with cleaning. Dumped the dirty water into working sewer systems. Oh yeah. Hot clean water was available at the turn of the knob. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. Things might not be looking so bad as I type this blog into one of the four laptops spread out over my desks.

No comments: