Friday, July 16, 2010

Rocking New Penny!


I was jolted out of bed early this morning (sometime around 5 am). I just thought I had a nightmare or something but it was actually a 3.7 earthquake.

At school we did a lot of experiments, we put a peep in a vacuum (less pressure) and the thing got huge. We poured out a gas (CO2). My favorite experiment was using a dropper.

First we had to fill a test tube to the tippy top and then add drops of water. How many drops do you think we were able to get on the top? Next we took an old and new penny (tail side) and added drops until they spilled over. How many drops do you think we added?

Answers will be posted after in comments.

3 comments:

Momoko said...

Tippy top test tube- 12 drops

Old Penny- 19 drops
New Penny- 31 drops

Amazing!!! You can try it at home.

Black Cat said...

I would think no more than 10 drops.

Momoko said...

OH...It was a 3.6 earthquake. I guess I heard wrong.