Friday, July 30, 2010

Hurry up and Wait

This morning at work I had a couple people visit me and stay a while to talk. Before I knew it, it was lunch time and no work had been done. That's ok I figured. I would get down to business after lunch.

When I got back from lunch, my computer had been taken over by a job to upgrade the Windows version installed on it. I thought this automatic upgrade was not going to happen until next month. The screen said to leave the computer alone, and that it might take up to 2 hours to complete.

After a few hours, the thing was still in the middle of an upgrade. I could not take it any more. So I rebooted the thing and hurried up and did some work. Then I rushed off because I am meeting a friend for dinner. I did get some work done calling customers when the computer was upgrading. However it was not a productive day at all.

No comments: