Monday, July 19, 2010

Tree Stump

We have a lot of trees in the back yard. Some time ago, I hired a company to cut some of them down. They ground the stumps of most trees they cut. However they could not fit the stump grinder on one side of the yard. So we were left with this tree stump there.

The stump was solid. It was going to be a chore to get rid of the stump myself. Normally I dig out the stump. But this tree was pretty big. So the dig would take a lot of manual labor. I found this product that was supposed to dissolve the stump. I drilled some holes in the stump. Then I put this formula into the tree. After a few weeks, the stump was as strong as ever. I figured the product did not work.

This weekend when I was cutting the grass around the stump. I found that the stump was falling apart. I got a spade and shoveled out most of the stump. I used a hatchet to chop the roots out from underground. They were easy to remove. Now I wish I had saved some of that stump removal powder. Maybe I can go back and figure out where I bought it.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Tree stump zero, black kat one.
Black wins!!!!!!