Friday, May 10, 2013

Doing Work +1


The customer wanted an early morning meeting today. So I was up early. After the meeting, it was still before my normal start time. Headed to McDonald's to get two bacon egg and cheese biscuits for $3. What a bargain.

Some people on my project needed some help around lunch time. Had a few meetings with them. Luckily I had a hearty breakfast. Decided to leave work early today. Waited until 3pm to eat my lunch.

Had a coupon at an all you can eat buffet. I hurried to make it there before lunch was over. Got there just in time. As I start eating, I get a call from Momoko. She could not get in touch with Little Kat. His cell phone had been confiscated due to slacking off.

When I returned home, Little Kat came down to my study to demonstrate that he did all his work. He read two chapters of the book the family is reading. He researched and presented me with two speeches: one on Don Quixote, and another on a town close to us with 10 villages within it.

The verdict is in. When Little Kat has his electronics taken away, he becomes most productive. Might have to employ this technique in the future if the slacking returns.

No comments: