Saturday, May 18, 2013

Summer Begins


I had my final exams for college class this week. The exam was scheduled around the same time my class normally meets. So it was almost like a normal school week. Things were a bit crazy at work on exam day. I had to stay late working on a tough problem. However I told everyone I had to go take my final.

I made sure I had a good dinner. For once I skipped my normal Roy Rogers meal before school. Instead I went to the mall and ate some pretzel dogs. They were delicious. I downed a Doctor Pepper soft drink I brought from home, and headed to class. I arrived at school over a half hour early.

On campus I found a free computer and started browsing the web. No need to try to do any cram studying. When you slowly learn all the material during the semester, you have already mastered the topic. Tests are just going through the motions if you are a master.

Strangely enough, I found that the test was difficult. I am positive I got every single one of the questions right. But those poor guys that were struggling in the class. They must have been toast.

The second half of the test was a take home assignment. We had to write some code. That is normally the fun part. Since the first part of the test was so hard, I thought the take home would also be difficult. I was wrong. It was a piece of cake. After I submitted my second part online, my instructor emailed me back saying he could not read my files. Good thing I check my email often. I sent him my code a second time.

Now it is summer break. I won't take another college course until the fall semester starts. That's not to say I won't be studying anything. I bought a textbook we never got around to using in the class. I plan to hit that book hard this summer. Got to learn this stuff for the job and the career.

No comments: