Saturday, May 4, 2013

Helping Momoko +1


Momoko needed Little Kat to help her in the classroom. So after school, I was to drive Little Kat to Momoko's work. Little Kat had forgotten about it. Good thing I remembered. Before Little Kat came home, I was busy at work trying to wrap up for the week. I thought I heard something upstairs. But it was too early for Little Kat to be out of school. So I ignored it.

When Little Kat came home, I found out what the noise was. Fed-Ex had delivered a large package to our house. Slackers did not even ring the doorbell. Momoko's desk chair in her study was coming apart. It is a nice chair. We actually bought it used many years ago. It was time for a replacement. The place where we bought the old chair had long gone out of business. So we placed an order online.

The box it came in was large and bulky. Little Kat manned up and carried it into the house. Or he dragged it in. Then he did his chores so we could take a ride to see Momoko. His only concern was whether I was buying Momoko some food (and in effect, buying him some food). Luckily Momoko had previously placed an order with me to pick up Arbys. Little Kat approved.

When we were leaving, Little Kat asked if we could drive the truck. Why not? I don't drive it often. Turns out we left in the middle of rush hour. Took a long time for us to get to Arby's. While there, I found the sandwich Momoko wanted was no longer on the menu. I substituted another that looked the same. Turns out it was not Momoko's favorite. Little Kat got a sandwich with large fries and large drink. Their large sized drink was huge. Little Kat said it would come in handy as he was going to work in the classroom for a few hours.

At Momoko's school, I saw a Volkswagon Beetle that reminded me of my own Beetle that is stuck in the repair shop. I dropped off Little Kat and headed back home to see what Kit Kat and I would do for dinner. But that is a story for another time.

No comments: