Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Surrealist Art +1


Recently I quizzed Little Kat on some chapters the family read separately. I was disturbed at his lack of comprehension. Then I had him ready one of the chapter again. He still failed to grasp some key ideas, or remember entire scenes. Oh oh. I think it is time to slow down our roll.

Momoko thought we should review tough vocabulary before we read. So I read ahead, marking down words I expect that Little Kat does not know. Then I quiz him on the words. If he does not know the words, I have him look it up.

This is not that hard. I email Little Kat all the words. His iPhone can automatically define the words. Now I think I may keep quizzing him on the words until he knows what they mean. Some recently vocab included "surrealist" and "Salvadore Dali". I think Little Kat may just now understand these terms.

To celebrate, Momoko decided that we should put up some surrealist art in our library. I ordered six posters of works done by Salvadore Dali. The first ones have already been shipped.

No comments: