Monday, February 8, 2010

Bumping Along


Well, we have had a pretty interesting weekend. For some reason, I do not feel well rested. I am sure it has nothing to do with 2 feet of snow, loss of electricity, or slowly digging out of the neighborhood. I am glad we did not have to go to work/school today and I just found out we are off again for tomorrow.

I decided to venture out to the grocery store before the next storm hits. They are predicting another 8 inches of snow. Our street has not been plowed but the neighbors all worked together to make a single lane down the street. I had a little trouble leaving because there was a jeep blocking the path but I talked to the person who owned the jeep and he moved it out of the way.

Kit and I headed out and the roads were very slippery. The problem was that traffic could only travel in one direction. We were feeling pretty confident about making it to the store until we saw a big four-wheeler coming straight for us. The four-wheeler saw us and started to back up but he got stuck. After many tries, he finally was able to back up and we were able to pass to the next street.

We ambled slowly to the store and made it there without further incident. We stocked up on more food and drove slowly back home. When I got home, I asked Black to back my car up into the driveway because he is an expert backer upper. WHEW!!!

Now to hunker down for another round of snow.

2 comments:

Grand Kat said...

Good Luck, hope you will be warm and toasty this time. Play that Wii all day long.

Black Cat said...

The second snow is already falling. Yuck.