Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going Out to Eat

Today I went downtown to meet some guys I used to work with. We decided to meet at a restaurant. There was not much traffic, so I arrived early. I called one of the boys. He said it would be a while before he arrived. I was already hungry. So I took a seat at the bar.

When I saw bar, I am not talking about a bar where you get drunk or pick up chicks. This was a fine dining establishment. They had a sign on the front door requiring proper attire. Good think I just came from work where they make me dress up. No. The bar was just a place where dudes hung out while they waited for their party to arrive for dinner.

At the bar I ordered a cherry coke and a bowl of gumbo. I was so early that the bartender kept the cherry cokes coming as I waited. Then I saw one of my buddies. We got lucky. I put my name in early for a table when I arrived. We saw down immediately and were served.

At the table I ordered a Caesar salad while we waited for our other friend. I chatted with my buddy who recently was let go from work. We seemed to wait for a while. As we were so hungry, we decided to order. I got some jumbo fried shrimp. This was some good cooking. I felt a little guilty since I had a crab cake sandwich for lunch. But I only see these guys a few times a year. It was the right time to splurge.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Sounds like good eating to me, it is making me hungry for shrimp!