Friday, February 5, 2010

The Tax Man Cometh

Last night I stayed up and did my taxes. Luckily Momoko had me buy Turbo Tax. It made it easier to figure everything out. One painful part of doing the taxes was being reminded how the downturn in the economy affected the stocks I owned. In simple terms, I lost all my money.

These are lean times. We used to be high on the hog. Need a TV? We could go buy it. Want to go on vacation? Price was not an option. Now we need to be very scrappy. And that is just plain no fun.

Things could be worse. Both Momoko and I still have our jobs. However these jobs are now our lifeblood. We need these jobs to stay in the house. That's a bad position to be in. It is like financial slavery. It is going to take a while for me to regroup, figure out a plan, and get back on track to take over the world.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Looks like you now are one of us.
Life is hard. Living pay check to pay check is a bummer.